|L-arginine is a chemical building block called “an amino acid.” It is obtained from the diet
and is necessary for the body to make proteins. L-arginine is found in red meat, poultry,
fish, dairy products and nuts. L-arginine is commonly sold as dietary supplement.
Necessary for the production of protein, L-arginine also helps rid the body of ammonia (a
waste product) and stimulates the release of insulin. In addition, L-arginine is used to
make nitric oxide (a compound that relaxes the blood vessels).
1. Bednarz B, Jaxa-Chamiec T, Maciejewski P, et al. Efficacy and safety of oral l-arginine in acute
myocardial infarction. Results of the multicenter, randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled ARAMI
pilot trial. Kardiol Pol 2005;62(5):421-7.
2. Carrier M, Pellerin M, Perrault LP, et al. Cardioplegic arrest with L-arginine improves myocardial
protection: results of a prospective randomized clinical trial. Ann Thorac Surg 2002;73(3):837-41;
3. Cartledge JJ, Davies AM, Eardley I. A randomized double-blind placebo-controlled crossover trial
of the efficacy of L-arginine in the treatment of interstitial cystitis. BJU Int 2000;85(4):421-426.
4. Facchinetti F, Saade GR, Neri I, et al. L-arginine supplementation in patients with gestational
hypertension: a pilot study. Hypertens Pregnancy 2007;26(1):121-30.
5. Fontanive P, Saponati G, Iurato, A, et al. Effects of L-arginine on the Minnesota Living with Heart
Failure Questionnaire quality-of-life score in patients with chronic systolic heart failure. Med Sci Monit
6. Houwing RH, Rozendaal M, Wouters-Wesseling W, et al. A randomised, double-blind assessment
of the effect of nutritional supplementation on the prevention of pressure ulcers in hip-fracture patients.
Clin Nutr 2003;22(4):401-405.
7. Lakhan SE, Vieira KF. Nutritional and herbal supplements for anxiety and anxiety-related
disorders: systematic review. Nutr J 2010;9:42.
8. Lucotti P, Monti L, Setola E, et al. Oral L-arginine supplementation improves endothelial function
and ameliorates insulin sensitivity and inflammation in cardiopathic nondiabetic patients after an
aortocoronary bypass. Metabolism 2009;58(9):1270-6.
9. Oka RK, Szuba A, Giacomini JC, et al. A pilot study of L-arginine supplementation on functional
capacity in peripheral arterial disease. Vasc Med 2005;10(4):265-74.
10. Schramm L, La M, Heidbreder E, et al. L-arginine deficiency and supplementation in
experimental acute renal failure and in human kidney transplantation. Kidney Int 2002;61(4):1423-32.
11. Schulman SP, Becker LC, Kass DA, et al. L-arginine therapy in acute myocardial infarction: the
Vascular Interaction With Age in Myocardial Infarction (VINTAGE MI) randomized clinical trial. JAMA
12. Sydow K, Schwedhelm E, Arakawa N. ADMA and oxidative stress are responsible for endothelial
dysfunction in hyperhomocyst(e)inemia: effects of L-arginine and B vitamins. Cardiovasc Res 2003;57(1):
13. Tuchman M, Lee B, Lichter-Konecki U, et al. Cross-sectional multicenter study of patients with
urea cycle disorders in the United States. Mol Genet Metab 2008;94(4):397-402.
14. Yin WH, Chen JW, Tsai C, et al. L-arginine improves endothelial function and reduces LDL
oxidation in patients with stable coronary artery disease. Clin Nutr 2005;24(6):988-97.
|Proprietary blend: L-Arginine
Price: $ 20.00
100 grams (powder)
Serving Per Bottle:
Approx. 100 Servings
As a dietary supplement, take 1/4
to 1/2 teaspoon (in water or juice)
two to three times a day.
|*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration.
This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
|**The information provided on this site is for informational purposes only, not intended to replace your doctor's or other health care professional's advice
or treatment. Nor is any information contained on or in any product label or packaging intended to provide or replace professional health care advice. Do
not use the this site's information for diagnosis or treatment of any health problem, nor for prescription of any treatment or medication. Always consult with
a healthcare professional before undertaking any diet, exercise, herbal or other supplementation program, taking any medications, or if you suspect you
may have or already have any type of health problem. Do not stop taking any medication without first consulting your doctor.
|Copyright © 2004-2014 - Fuma Natural - 12881 Knott St., Ste 113, Garden Grove, CA 92841
Tel. (714) 897-2757 - Fax (714) 897-2758 - Business Office Hours: Mon- Fri 9 am-5 pm PST
9 AM-5 PM (Pacific Time) Mon-Fri
|Mail Orders by checks or money
orders from US financial
Order online 100% securely ~ We
accept Mastercard, Visa, American
Express and Discover. All your
information will be encrypted with 128
bit encryption (high) RSA with 1024 bit